Conquer Type 2 Diabetes
“Get off the Medical System and onto the Self-care System” – Nina Leavins
Fuel Mindset – Nourish Body – Balance Sugar Level – Heal
Work one-on-one with Michele.
As your health coach and personal advocate, I will help you develop a healthier diet and a lifestyle that’s enjoyable and sustainable. You will cultivate the mind-body balance essential to conquering type 2 diabetes. As applicable, weight management coaching support is provided.
Your weight loss journey will be based on your unique body type, health concerns, and preferences.
You are cultivating a lifestyle of mindfulness; without allowing your awareness of blood sugars to run your life. You’ll know how to quickly deal with the typical stress of living with a chronic condition. You’re preventing the release of stress hormones that trigger hunger and bump up blood sugars. You are also replenishing the nutrients and minerals robbed by worried thoughts. Cravings and digestive issues have lessened. By the end of this stage, you are objectively observing sugar levels and dietary choices; while trying to stay free of overreaction. You are self-aware, able to calm your mind, and feel empowered.
You are adding in delicious and nutritious foods that energize and heal your body. At the same time, you have crowded out foods that beat up your pancreas and cause your cells to be resistant to insulin. You have developed a healthy relationship with food; enjoying a balanced and satisfying lifestyle without deprivation and guilt. Your mind, body, and spirit are being nourished with plenty of self-love and self-care. At this stage, you have discovered the foods that serve your body best, beat stress, and improved your blood sugar level and laboratory results. You feel better, happier, and more confident.
Balance Sugar Level and Heal
Your metabolism is steady and self-care routines have squelched chronic fatigue. You have conquered any sugar addiction, and your body is easily releasing any excess fat. You have reduced exposure to toxins that turn on your genes and trigger family diseases, such as diabetes. At this stage, your blood sugars are balanced and your laboratory results continue to improve. Your natural metabolic process is functioning better so you may be relying less on artificial means, such as medication and insulin, to process glucose. Your new lifestyle has become second nature and you’ve enhanced your overall well-being.
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be
- Develop short and long-term goals
- Establish timelines and work toward sustainable change
Twelve (12) – 60 minute, bi-weekly sessions
- You’ll receive a Client Progress Summary; including professional recommendations following each session
- Email and text support between sessions
- A variety of handouts, recipes, and materials specific to your goals and needs
- Periodic giveaways: food, self-care items, book, etc.
- Holistic techniques to strengthen your mind, body, and spirit
- Detailed, End-of Program Summary
- Choice of meal preparation class or pantry assessment (in-person or virtual)
- Option to join Make Healthy Fit’s, month-by-month Membership Program; and get the first month for free
Health coaching sessions are conducted in-person or by phone.
Contact Michele for you complimentary 60 minute consultation to determine if health coaching is right for you.